About this picture: Students at MDL Kindergarten Center in Mrs. Murphy’s Class
Student academic achievement and social responsibility are the primary goals of the teachers and staff of the Kennett Consolidated School District. The KCSD Technology Dept. is committed to providing the technological tools and services to help students to achieve these goals.
Some helpful links for students:
- KCSD Web Page
- Student Resources WIKI
- Khan Academy
- The Garage
- The 25 Top Colleges and Universities in Pennsylvania
- How Stuff Works
- CBS Philly Science Center
- NASA Spaceflight
- The NASA Archive’s Hundreds of Videos Are Being Posted on Youtube
- 12 Keyboard Shortcuts for Chromebooks
- How Student Makers Solve Real-World Problems
- A Different Look at Space Exploration
- MIT Solve
Take a look at what successful people do differently…
And.. Rules to Live By
Today in History
Born on this Day
(Courtesy of HistoryNet)
In 1764, Ann Radcliffe, English novelist.
In 1819, Elias Howe, inventor of the sewing machine.
In 1858, Franz Boas, anthropologist.
In 1887, Samuel Eliot Morison, biographer and historian.
In 1894, Dorothy Thompson, journalist, writer and radio commentator.
In 1906, Minor White, abstract photographer.
In 1926, Mathilde Krim, geneticist, founder of the AIDS foundation.
In 1933, Oliver Sachs, neurologist and author (Awakenings).
In 1936, June Jordan, poet and author.
In 1937, David Hockney, painter.
*For a more complete listing of birthdays, see On This Day
A History of Invention
- In 1968, US patent #3,392,261 for the “Portable Beam Generator,” also known as a hand-held laser ray gun, was granted to inventor Frederick R. Schellhammer.
- Courtesy of: ThoughtCo.com
and Today in Science
Our Word of the Day: cretin(n)
1-one affected with cretinism
2-a stupid, vulgar, or insensitive person
Source: Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary and Thesaurus